- If you are using professional Movers, let them pack the fragile items, because companies are only responsible for items they pack.
- Pack only one room at a time.
- Do not mix things from different rooms in the same box as this will make unpacking more time-consuming.
- Try and pack clothing and linens in suitcases.
- Wrap small items that can easily be lost in brightly coloured tissue paper before placing them in boxes.
- Be sure to label each box with your name, its general contents, and an arrow indicating which side is up, "Fragile" if contents are breakable and which room each belongs in. Do not mark items that are valuable on the outside of the box such as silver, or China.
- Have area rugs professionally cleaned before you move? They will return from the cleaners rolled, wrapped and ready for shipping.
- Assign colour codes to label and corresponding rooms so family members can make unpacking easier.
- Use small boxes for heavy items, large boxes for light ones and medium boxes for everything in between. Heavier items should be placed on the bottom and lighter ones on top. A good rule of thumb is if you can't pick up the box with ease, it is too heavy.
- When disassembling furniture put hardware in a plastic bag and affix to the corresponding piece (however do not apply tape or any adhesive directly to polished or painted wood surfaces.)
- Never pack Flammable or combustibles. Click Here
Real Estate Websites by Web4Realty