When would you like to visit...
CHAPLIN ESTATES is a small, exclusive neighbourhood of detached homes built in the 1920's and 1930's on prime lots, often in Tudor, Georgian, and English Cottage style. This distinguished neighbourhood has always been one of Toronto's most exclusive addresses.
Chaplin Estates homeowners enjoy convenient access to excellent public and private schools, shopping, parks and recreation, and transit service.
Residents enjoy the wonderful facilities at the North Toronto Community Centre, including both indoor and outdoor pools, water slides, a gymnasium, a walking track and exercise rooms and the outdoor facilities at Eglinton Park, such as the baseball diamond, tennis courts, wading pool and artificial ice rink.
The Chaplin Estates neighbourhood began with a plan of subdivision, registered by William John Chaplin and his son James D. Chaplin, in 1913. The Chaplin family had been landowners in this area dating back to 1860 when this district known simply as 'Eglinton'.
Chaplin Estates was marketed as a high-class residential district. The developers included a long list of building restrictions and zoning bylaws, in the sale of each property. There were no semi-detached houses allowed, and stucco exteriors were not to cover more than half the house
Chaplin Estates Schools
Please note that the schools listed below have very definite enrollment boundaries. Before purchasing a property, parents should phone the school where they are interested in enrolling their children, to confirm that they will accept children from the address being considering for purchase.
- TREETOP DAY NURSERY 80 BRAEMAR AVENUE
- CHILDREN'S MAGIC MOMENTS CHILD CARE 98 BRAEMAR AVENUE
- SPECIAL MOMENTS CHILD CARE CENTRE 20 GLEBE ROAD EAST
- DAVISVILLE CARE PROGRAM 43 MILLWOOD ROAD
- ST MONICA CHILD CARE CENTRE 14 BROADWAY AVENUE
- CENTRAL EGLINTON CHILDREN'S CENTRE 223 EGLINTON AVENUE EAST
Elementary Public Schools
- Forest Hill Jr. & Sr. Public School 78 Dunloe Rd, Toronto, Ontario (416) 393-9335
- Oriole Park Junior Public School 80 Braemar Ave (416) 393-5215
- Forest Hill Collegiate 730 Eglinton Ave West
- Marshall McLuhan Catholic High School 1107 Avenue Rd, Toronto, Ontario (416) 393-5561
- Spectrum Alternative School Sr 223 Eglinton Ave East, Toronto, Ontario (416) 393-9315
- Toronto Northern Secondary School 851 Mount Pleasant Rd, Toronto, Ontario (416) 393-0270
- Upper Canada College 200 Lonsdale Rd Toronto, Ontario
- Bishop Strachan School 298 Lonsdale Rd Toronto Ontario (416)483-4325
- St Clements School 21 St Clement’s Ave (416) 484-4835
Real Estate Websites by Web4Realty